• By popular demand, we have brought our experience from molding mini-sumo wheels into larger Sumo Wheels!
• Our high-traction polyurethane is molded in four sizes around a machined and anodized aluminum hub. Features:
- The gold-yellow anodized aluminum hubs have a machined pair of rings and captive slots for keeping the tire in place.
- Tire tread composed of Shore A20 polyurethane makes these the highest traction wheels you can buy.
- The ShoreA45 tires are still smooth and grippy, but stiffer and harder to tear. They are meant for applications where the wheels might take damage (from rough terrain or other robots).
-Available in many different colors! You can choose custom if you want something specific. Add a note in the Additional Comments section during checkout!
- An extra-long setscrew allows you to easily tighten the wheels onto a 3mm motor shaft.
- Setscrew is accessed through tire. (Don't forget your 1/16" hex wrench
Hub material: 6061 Aluminum, anodized gold-yellow
Tire material: Shore A20 and A45 polyurethane, professionally vacuum-degassed
(A20 recommended for Sumo robots. A45 is for tougher applications where damage to the wheels is expected.)
Coefficient of Friction (against smooth unpainted MDF wood): μ=1.75 (Silicone μ=1.30, Rubber μ=1.05)
Outer Diameter: see table below
Length: 38.1mm (1.5in)
Inner Diameter: 31.75mm (1.25in)
Inner Depth: 31.75mm (1.25in)
Shaft bore: 3mm (0.118") - can be enlarged to any size up to 12.7mm (1/2")
Keyway: A 1/8" or 3/16" keyway can be added to bore size of 1/2".
6-32 Setscrew - uses 1/16" hex wrench
|Outer Diameter||44.45mm (1.75")||50.8mm (2.00")||63.5mm (2.50")||76.2mm (3.00")|
|Weight||61grams (2.15oz)||83grams (2.93oz)||126grams (4.44oz)||178grams (6.28oz)|
*It can take a day or two to mould your wheels - especially if the color is other than red.
Tip: Clean the tires with isopropyl alcohol wipes before each match for optimal traction.