Updates! The Viper now uses our new and improved Twist Hubs! It also includes a JST-to-9V Adapter cable so you can power it with a 9V battery instead of a lipoly battery (saving you the cost of battery and charger until you are ready to upgrade!). We've also updated the sticker. :)
Combat Robot Kit comes with everything you need to get started in combat robotics.
- The custom-formed 6061-T6 Aluminum chassis has plenty of strength and space for additional components and upgrades.
- A 6-Channel radio transmitter and receiver pair leaves four channels free to add any active devices you desire. (Optional, in case you already have a radio.)
- Two FingerTech "Silver Spark" 33.3:1 ratio gearmotors with 2.25" Foam Wheels provide both speed and pushing power.
- Two FingerTech "tinyESC" speed controllers translate the radio receiver commands into motor movement and provide 5V power to the radio.
- Polycarbonate combat armor keeps the components safe.
kit is fully intended to be sawed, drilled, modified, and upgraded. Recommended for ages 10+ (6+ with a parent).
Its base weight is only 313grams (11.0oz) leaving 141grams (4.97oz) for additional parts if entering the Antweight (1lb) weight class (We don't recommend running the Viper in the beetleweight class versus 3x larger opponents!) Add-ons:
These add-ons fit right onto the existing Viper robot chassis - no machining or soldering required!
Viper Lifter add-on
Take your Viper Combat Robot kit to the next level by adding a powerful servo-actuated lifting arm!
Viper Spinner add-on
Add a vicious horizontal spinner weapon to your Viper Combat Robot!
*Transmitter and receiver are required. If you already have them, you can say "No" to the Radio Option below.
*The Viper can be run off a 9V battery (not included), but for maximum competitiveness we recommend using a lipoly battery. Lipoly Battery and Charger are available as an option below.
• See the Specifications Tab for more information.
Body Width: 16.5cm (6.5in)
Length: 14cm (5.5in)
Body Height: 3cm (1.18in)
Weight: 313grams (11.04oz) Kit Includes:
|Chassis:||15gauge (1.45mm / 0.057in) 6061-T6 alloy Aluminum stamped and formed baseplate (pic). Has mounting holes for motors, armor and add-on kits.|
|Motors:||2x 33.3:1 Silver Spark Gearmotors|
|Motor Controllers:||2x tinyESCs translate the radio commands into motor movement and power the receiver.|
|Wheels:||2x 2.25x0.75" Foam Wheels are soft and grippy. A direct hit will be absorbed and won't destroy your motors! Includes 3mm x 0.75" Twist Hubs and Twist Hub Key.|
|Battery:||A JST-to-9V Battery Adapter is included for operating the Viper with a 9V battery. (9V battery not included.)|
- One or two 9V batteries (two doubles run-time). We recommend Duracell Procell (PC1604) for over two hours of run time and bursts of 12A (using 2 batteries). Procell's can run a HXT12K servo at 1.5A continuous (while driving) for well over 15 minutes. (Robot matches are 3 minutes each.)
For maximum competitiveness, we recommend using the rechargeable 7.4V 300mAh "Galaxy" lipoly pack, available with Lipoly Charger as an Option below.
|Power Switch:||A Switch/charge jack that you unplug to turn on. Comes pre-soldered with a female JST connector and includes a pair of Mini Terminal Blocks for making wiring connections.|
Plug has male JST end for easily recharging the lipoly battery. (Do not attempt to recharge a 9V alkaline battery.)
|Armor:||3mm (0.118in) thick front wedge and 1.5mm (0.059in) top armor made of high-strength polycarbonate.|
|Screws:||Four 2-56x0.125" screws for mounting the motors. Ten 6-32x0.25" screws for fastening armor.|
0.05" and 5/64" hex wrenches included for tightening screws and setscrews.
|Instructions:||Detailed instructions with many pictures and tips for getting more from your robot. (Download V3.3 here)(Download V4.0 here)|
• Transmitter and receiver are required. If you don't have them already, you can add them with the option below. "Radio Option"
includes: T6A Radio Transmitter
, TR6A receiver
(-Transmitter requires 8 AA batteries.)
• The Viper can be run off a 9V battery, but for maximum competitiveness we recommend using a lipoly battery. Lipoly Battery and Charger are available as an option below. "Lipoly Option"
includes: Lipoly charger
, 7.4V 300mAh "Galaxy" lipoly battery"
• If you do not wish to use lipoly batteries, the Viper includes a 9V battery connector. You will then need a 9V Battery
• An optional Programming Cable
can be used to reprogram the functions on the transmitter. Viper radios come programmed for mixed driving (most common) but if you prefer tank-style 2-stick driving you will need to reprogram.